Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Good Bye Bill...


Like many sports fans across the Seattle area this morning, I am saddened with the news that Bill Scott aka, "Bill the Beer Man" died yesterday in his home at the young age of 58. Bill the beer man was best known as the vender-turned cheerleader for the Seahawks and Mariners during the early 80's. I can remember as a young boy going to games with my dad and seeing Bill go crazy with passion as he worked the crowd into a frenzy. I used to wonder how a person could have that much energy and passion...I also wondered if in his case it actually came from too much beer. :) Bill had been suffering from colon cancer for the past 5 years and had been unable to go to many games but his legacy in the Seattle sports scene will live on for many, many years.

So, as I sit in Starbucks this morning writing this blog I raise my cup (because it's too early for beer) in honor of Bill the beer man and everything he meant to me and all Seattle sports fans. May his life of passion and energy live on and may more
cheerleaders like Bill come along...because let's face it, sometimes in life someone as simple as Bill Scott can make our day just a little easier.

Peace and Love.
Rex

No comments: