Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Pursuit and the journey of a church

I'm just returning home from our church's first mid-week gathering called Pursuit. There were about 20 people who came to experience a more intimate worship/teaching time along with sharing in communion together. This was a huge night for the journey of our church! I believe this because it's been obvious to me that God is doing something in the hearts of many people within our faith community. People seem hungry to know God in a deeper more comitted way and this mid-week gathering I hope will help people grow and understand more their identity in God. What I loved about tonight, was that it wasn't a "service" where we had to have everything structured just right and where we the pastors provided all the leadership. Tonight, everyone had a hand in Pursuit and it felt right. I really do believe Redwood Hills is a great church and it's obvious God is blessing our efforts and changing hearts. I think this is the start of something...some would call it revival, I would call it an awakening. People are being awakened to how much they need God and how much they need each other in their faith journey. We'll see where this leads us...

Love and Peace.
Rex

No comments: