Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Questions Keep Comin'

This has been one of those weeks where I just can't keep silent about some of the problems we're facing here in America. Like so many, I am deeply saddened by all that took place Monday morning on the campus of Virginia Tech...but I have to be honest that each and every time these tragedies take place I become increasingly angry toward our country's leadership and their inability to bring change to our gun laws. We are a so-called christian nation founded on christian principles and we're so far from understanding peace and what Jesus would think about the freedom we have with arms. I simply can't understand why some states still have such easy access to guns and weapons. What is it going to take for these lawmakers to see that something has to change? I know I'm in the minority here with my thoughts on guns and peace but I really don't care. I've spent many an hour thinking about peace and what Jesus had to say about it and I'm convinced that we can't keep going on like this. And speaking of not being able to keep going on...today I got a call from a friend in Tacoma who told me that a girl who was in my youth group and lived next door to our family before we moved lost her fiance today in Iraq. My heart is crushed for her as she also lost her brother to cancer recently. Whether it's 9mm hand guns on the streets of America or the big guns in a desert somewhere in the middle-east, it all needs to stop! It's becoming increasingly difficult to make sense of any of this...it all sucks and I just pray that God will be merciful to us as a nation for using his name to justify our war and for passing weak gun laws in a christian nation that influence the hurt and killing innocent people.

Love and Peace.

Rex

No comments: