Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Home from a great vacation...

It's been a little while since my last post because our family had a chance to go to Palm Springs for a week's vacation. We had some family members put us up in a Westin Resort and covered our airfare too! What a great week! The resort was fabulous...the weather hot, and the chance to be with my wife and boys for seven days with no work was much needed. I feel very rested and ready to work and lead through the summer. There were some things that God spoke to my heart about and I thought I'd share some with whomever reads this blog of mine.

I've been too caught up in the numbers of our growth at church. This was a painful realization because I should know better. The Kingdom of God isn't about church growth...damn the mega-church's influence on me!

People always need a pastor and rarely need a church professional.

God has the heart of a father and I need to explore this much more thoroughly.

My family needs more extended times where I'm not focused on work...anyone else want to send us on a trip? :)

Vacations with the kids aren't really vacations...more like family trips!

Peace and Love.
Rex

5.

No comments: